Iota Refit | Saturday, April 12, 2008

Today, I installed the new stainless steel chainplates and covers, the final job on the list, other than preparations for the delivery trip scheduled for mid-May.

I had to open up the deck slots a bit to accommodate the new chainplates, and after they were all installed I used machine screws set in tapped deck holes to secure the chainplate covers with lots of sealant (they have a raised area around the chainplate itself to allow plenty of sealant to remain within).


Afterwards, I cleaned up one final time and got ready to move the boat outdoors for storage tomorrow.

<Previous | Next>