110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Ensign #1212 | Tuesday, June 30, 2014

The next step for the decks was to lay out for, and mask off, the field areas, where eventually nonskid would be applied.  I chose a 1" width as my basis for the glossy borders along the edges of the coachroof, cabin trunk, and gunwales, and, over the course of the morning and beyond, I laid out the patterns and masked as needed, leaving exposed the edge areas which would receive high-gloss paint. 

Afterwards, I covered the hull with plastic to prevent overspray.






Later, after sprucing up the shop and other preparations for the painting ahead, I vacuumed the deck areas and solvent-washed with the proprietary solvent from the paint system.

With the time remaining in the day, I turned back to the brightwork, sanding once more to prepare for the next coat.  I didn't have enough time left to varnish all, but did apply a third coat to the outsides of the coamings to keep that buildup moving along.

Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  
7 Hours

<Previous | Next>