1975 Dufour 27 Refit | Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I spent the morning finishing up the final items on the punch list.  I began with the ports, and removed the tape and remaining paper from the inside and outsides of all three openings (two hull ports and the deck skylight), and cleaned up any unwanted sealant residue.  Then, from inside I reinstalled some fiberglass trim pieces that finished off the job.



Next, I installed the remaining hardware, including the bow cleats, fresh water tank fill, and the aft chainplates.  Afterwards, I cleaned up the sealant squeezeout from the new installations, as well as some of the previous installations where I'd left the sealant to cure for a day or more.   This wrapped up the deck hardware installation.





Finally, I cleaned up the boat thoroughly, both inside and out, and removed tools, drop cloths, and other detritus.  I cleared the staging away from the boat, and just like that the work was done.  Tomorrow, I planned to move the boat outdoors for storage, so there'll be one more update here.

Total Billable Time on This Job Today:  4 hours

<Previous | Next>