1975 Dufour 27 Refit | Thursday, November 13, 2008

I spent the morning sanding the finish primer with 320 and 400 grit sandpaper.  After an initial clean-up, I removed the strip of masking paper from the waterline so that I could transfer the boottop reference marks back onto the hull in their appropriate positions.  Then, I taped off the boottop area inside these lines, using first a narrow strip of heavy-duty vinyl fine-line tape (since I'd found that ordinary fine-line tape tended to be affected by the solvents in the Alexseal paint) and then overtaping the area with normal green masking tape.

I finished up the day's work by repapering the waterline to prevent overspray on the bottom, cleaning up the shop, preparing the painting supplies for tomorrow, and solvent-washing the hull with Alexseal wipe-down solvent.



Total Billable Time on This Job Today:  6.25  hours

<Previous | Next>