Aphelion Refit | July 15, 2007

Picking up where I left off yesterday, I began this morning by applying the masking tape demarking the top and bottom edges of the new boottop.  Using yesterday's tape marks as a guide, I installed the tape, fairing the line by eye as required, particularly beneath the counter, where keeping the line visually straight and planar when viewed from a distance (and at eye level) is important.  I added a slight sheer to the forward third of the boottop, though not so much that it would be noticeable as such.



Once I had the tape in place, I sanded and cleaned the new boot to prepare it for the first coat of paint, and then mixed and applied a coat of Alexseal snow white to the cove stripe and boottop.  Even with the preliminary coat still bounded by masking tape and paper, the difference in the appearance of the boat was striking.

Next:  the second coat.



Total Time on This Job Today:  3.5 hours

<Previous | Next>