Aphelion Refit | July 6, 2007

This morning, I sanded yesterday's application of fairing filler along the top edges of the hull; this went quickly.

I spent the rest of the day working on a variety of final paint preparation tasks, from removing the old, dust-strewn plastic from over the boat to cleaning up the boat and shop bay, to installing new plastic over the boat for overspray protection and masking off the few fittings in the hull that required it.



I installed masking tape to follow the new paint line, to which I'd apply the primer and topside paint.  After yesterday's critical evaluation of the marks I had, the tape served as confirmation that the line was visually straight and planar and looked appropriate from all angles.




Finally, I installed masking paper beneath the tape to prevent heavy overspray on the newly-stripped bottom, and washed down the bottom, staging, and shop floor to settle and remove any final dust.

With this, the boat and shop were ready for primer, with only some final cleanup, tacking, and equipment preparation remaining for Monday morning.




Total Time on This Job Today:  6.5 hours

<Previous | Next>