|Triton #680 |
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Today, the boat arrived at the shop, and after getting her situated inside, I set up some staging around the hull so I could get my first look at the project.
The owner had applied Awlgrip primer to the hull and deck, and the scope of the work for the project at the shop was originally limited to spraying on the final topcoats. However, after some inspection and discussion, we decided that the deck required additional primer before I could proceed with the topcoat, since the material on deck was inconsistent in thickness and had been oversanded in several spots; attempting to topcoat over primer in this condition would likely lead to poor coverage.
Here are several photos of the boat's original condition as she arrived here.